Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Today’s events

1. Received a call early this morning from Muscat, Oman for a potential job offer. The person at the other end sounded very English. I am not opposed to exploring opportunities. He plans to wait till I get back from Tokyo.
2. The newfound niece (“bhagin”) called me from Minneapolis-St. Paul airport. She was returning to India by KLM. It was a sad moment. I found her to be very smart with a very broad outlook and a very compassionate heart. She hopes to return. I wish there were more people like her.
3. I put in about two days worth work in about six hours in the office. I think I had a list of about 20 to-dos and I somehow managed to check off all before going on vacation.
4. I got home early to take Tigger to the vets for boarding. He cried all the way. He should know that it’s only temporary and we will never abandon him. It was hard for me. I think he will have a nice vacation too; a thorough check up, a bath, clipping paw nails (Manicure?), food and rest. However, it’s still not “home”.
5. Talked to the older daughter in San Francisco. San Francisco has been unusually hot. Global Warming!! The Masurs (whom we are supposed to meet in Tokyo on June 30) have already arrived in Japan, she said.
6. I almost finished packing and printed out the boarding passes for tomorrow’s flight. My wife and I are all set. We take off tomorrow towards the “Land of the rising sun” and to the “Forbidden City”.
7. I will not be posting for the next two weeks. Standby for my future posting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home