Monday, June 26, 2006

I need a break

I am tired and I need a break. Since last Monday, it has been a roller coaster ride with highs and lows. The project I had planned on finishing past week didn’t happen. Forrest Gump is right. “Shit Happens”. I was trying to entertain my brother and sister-in-law in between my busy schedule by taking them here and there after work. However, there too, unpleasant things happened. This morning they left. I hugged them both at the airport and asked them to forget the incident. The niece (“bhagin”) who showed up in my life is going back to India on Tuesday. My wife and I are supposed to leave for Tokyo on Wednesday to see our younger daughter and we have not started packing yet. I have to be at work next couple of days.

If you call it a silver lining, I had some of that. Last night we had some guests and friends of my brother for dinner. My wife cooked all day. The food was great. Afterwards, we had a music session. I think it made up for earlier unpleasantness. I got introduced to one Mrs. Hoffman of Minnesota (via email and through my “bhagin”) who apparently has a big heart and has adopted a few children. She wants a copy of my “Color of Life”. I plan to mail her a copy.

In any case, I am still tired. I am looking forward to my trip to Tokyo and Beijing. At least for a few days I do not have to think of office work (I won’t have my lap top and cell phone with me).

I will be also away from Iraq war news (50000+ Iraqis and 2500+ US soldiers who did not have to die). Who am I to judge Bush or anybody else? Perhaps somebody higher up is watching and will make the final judgment for an uncalled for war.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home