Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Life is almost back to normal

My nasty cough is gone. The throat is not sore. The voice is back. I am not sure if I was stubborn enough to fight it off or the antibiotics during the last three days did the trick. It's nice to be able to sing (scream?) aloud in the bathroom again.

We talked to our daughter in Tokyo. Now she has a stiff neck. The older one in San Francisco had a funny dream about some old time drama ("Bhaona"). I finished reading the Da Vinci Code. I must say that it's heck of a story. I am waiting for the movie with Tom Hank to be released. My wife and I picked out some furniture the past weekend. The next-door neighbor had a party (a wedding shower for some one). Our senior most citizen, Tigger, seems to be on a long siesta; he wakes up to eat and wakes up when he has to "go". I think he has a good life, not a so-called "dog's life".

I picked up the Chinese tourist visas for my wife and me today. We are all set for the summer trip to Tokyo and Beijing. Airline tickets, hotel reservations, visas, all set. I can't wait to take a break from my 7-5 work. Oh yes, I still have to make a few trips to some platforms offshore before I take off. But it's good to be dreaming of the vacation and be able get away for a few days from the war stories, evening crime news, GITMO prison abuse etc. etc.

Perhaps I will be fresh enough when I get back to stand some more of these morbid news resulting from Bush doctrine (whatever that is).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home