Sunday, March 26, 2006

Tigger & I

It's only Tigger and me again at the house. Actually Tigger has been home alone during the day when I was off to work. My wife left for Frisco on business last Tuesday. Thereafter, she took a few days off starting Friday to be with our older daughter and to see a couple of brand-new babies (My niece i.e. my brother's daughter had a baby boy and my wife's cousin’s daughter had a baby girl, both live in the bay area). Do more babies come in springtime? It seems like a good time with sunny days and blue skies when flowers bloom, little baby birds come out of their nests.

Anyway, it's just Tigger and me. The refrigerator is full of left over food. Therefore, I don't have to cook. There is plenty of same old dry cat food. Therefore, Tigger will not starve. The younger daughter is in Tokyo, but I can't "skype". She is not good at emailing either. Therefore, I visit her "blog" quite often for updates. Well, it's springtime in Japan too. It's Cherry Blossom time. Therefore, she is out, like many others, taking pictures. The older daughter was busy taking her quarter "finals" (she is done now). Therefore, I did not want to bother her. I talked to my wife couple of times (I forget she is two hours behind).

I made some cheese omelet for breakfast this morning. I love egg, but at my age I should not over indulge. I hate oatmeal cereal, but that's what I usually have on weekdays. My wife thinks it's good for me. Anyway, after breakfast and after a quick review of the newspaper (There is hardly any good news, people are dying every day in Iraq, thanks to our Mr. President) I went for a run this morning. It was hard to stay inside on a perfect sunny spring day with a perfect blue sky. After lunch, I even tried to take a nap (a rare luxury). However, Tigger kept scratching outside my bedroom. I wondered if he wanted company or if he thought that something was wrong with me. Therefore, I came out. A little later he jumped up on his usual spot on the couch and went to sleep. Now, that was cruel on his part. He can sleep all the time, but I can't even take nap on a Saturday afternoon. Oh, well!

One more day left before Monday gets here. Things to do: fix breakfast, clean Tigger's litter box (Tigger is spoilt, he won't go unless his litter box is absolutely clean), do laundry ... What the heck, I think I will ride the bike tomorrow. I may even go to a movie (Crash, Broke Back Mountain, She is the man - who cares?). I think I will go to that Indian restaurant (that my wife and I go occasionally) to eat "Dosa" tomorrow. I may even buy something for my wife while I am out. My wife's birthday is coming up soon. I better not forget. I have been in the doghouse a time or two. I don't want to make it a habit.

Time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the future!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home