Saturday, March 18, 2006

Sayonara

She left for Tokyo this morning. I saw her off at the terminal E. A big good-bye hug, a fatherly kiss on her cheek (which perhaps she is not very fond of in public), thorough checking of her body and her bags by a TSA lady (thanks to 9/11) and then she disappeared on the other side. I took the underground mini shuttle train from E to C, walked to my car, and headed for the gym. Things do have a beginning and an end (at least in a physical sense). Therefore, I jogged around the track in the gym till I sweated, rested my wandering mind, took a shower, and headed home.

Yesterday we had dinner at Black Eyed Pea. She had her favorite Chicken Fried Steak (you don't get that kind of Texas stuff in Tokyo). Later we watched the last two episodes of Firefly together. Then she packed her bags. This morning I made some French Toasts for breakfast. She had cereal instead. Then we left for the airport. Now she must be somewhere at 30000 feet altitude cruising at 500 MPH towards the land of the rising Sun again.

During her stay here her friend, Brett came down from New York and spent a few days with us. He is one of the coolest young men I have met. She gave him a taste of Texas by taking him to the Houston Rodeo and treated him to her mom's delicious cooking. He too left a few days ago. The house is relatively quiet again. Tigger has no clue where she comes from for a few days and where she goes making him feel bad after a few days of warm attention that no one else gives. Well, that's life.

Sayonara!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home