Monday, March 13, 2006

It's chow down time

Junk or healthy, food is a part of any culture. When you mix culture, you get fusion. No, I am not talking about music.

Our younger daughter arrived last Monday. A few days later, Brett, a friend of hers arrived from New York. My wife has been cooking continuously for the last few days. Normally, it's just two of us and she is not much of an eater. Besides it's hard to cook for two. Now that there are special requests from our daughter, the kitchen has been humming. I am a beneficiary of all this food. However, during the weekdays we were at work all day. Therefore, this weekend has been special, especially when they are here only for a few days.

Last Friday, I came home at noon, picked up some spicy fried chicken, and drove to the park on the lake with Indu and Brett. On the park bench we chowed down that chicken. Back at home we had my wife's delicious cooking for dinner. Saturday morning, we had special late breakfast with Assamese style "Luci" (it's like Tortilla, but deep fried and it fluff's up) and "Aloo Bhaazi" (fried potato Assamese style). Later in the afternoon we went to the Houston Rodeo (A first for the New Yorker in the house) and watched those cowboys ride bulls or rope calves or ride bareback broncos. Along the way I chowed down some "Nachos' with Jalapenos. Later we walked around checking out the pigs in the pens or taking picture with some adorable Llamas. This morning, we had breakfast of eggs and biscuits. At lunch, we had some homemade (my wife's first experiment was highly successful) delicious South Indian dishes. I am not sure what's for supper, but my wife is still cooking. We had also promised Brett a real taste of Cajun or Mexican food, but with my wife's kitchen going it may have to wait for another time.

Well, the weekend is almost over. Tomorrow is Monday. I think I will go on diet tomorrow and return to my bagel and banana. My wife could give a little rest to the kitchen as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home