Monday, February 20, 2006

It's Monday and I am home

It's President's Day. For the first time in my career it's a company holiday and I am home. Even Tigger (our cat) is confused and wondering what I am doing at home on a Monday. Anyway, I had planned for some warranty work to be done on our house by our homebuilder today.

The 1st person knocks on the door at 8:00 AM. I was still in my pajamas. It's the electrical contractor. The electrical panel had wrong size breaker for the A/C. They swap it out. About that time the plumbers show up. We had a small gas leak up in the attic near the water heater. The gas detector doesn't lie. By the time they are done, a person to fix the dryer vent shows up. He had to cut a big hole in the attic to have access to the vent line. After some reluctance, he decides to install the booster fan. He completes around 11:00 AM. He leaves leaving a gaping hole in the garage ceiling. That's for some one else to fix. Besides, electrical connection to the booster fan has to be done by an electrician. That's for another day. Now I wait for the person who is supposed to replace a glass pan with a safety glass near a door to comply with building code.

As I wait, I fix another cup of tea (by the way, my stomach says it's ready for some lunch) and look at our daughter's blog site. It's amazing. She can cook almost anything with almost nothing. She made pancakes on a dry pan and ate it with no syrup or anything. She even posted a picture of her creation. Regardless, she appears to be managing rather well alone in a far away place. In less than two weeks she will be home. She already mentioned in her blog how her cooking wasn't anything like her parents. Therefore, I cautioned my wife to be ready to do some serious cooking when our daughter comes home to maintain her cooking reputation. Well, I also downloaded some Assamese music from MusicIndiaOnLine.

I guess my President's day is going to be full of interesting activities. Now, speaking of President's day, what a difference from the first George to the current George? One acted like people's representative and consulted the Congress for most anything. This one acts like King George. He (and his stubborn VP) has his reason. It's terrorism stupid. He is trying to save you. Therefore, what if you have to give up a little freedom? That's not what the first George fought for. Thank the first George and his contemporaries that we will have a new president (or a king?) in a couple of years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home