Monday, February 13, 2006

Quick update

It was a hectic week. I left for San Diego on Monday afternoon straight from the office and returned on Wednesday night. Weather in San Diego was gorgeous as usual, but we were stuck inside witnessing some turbine package acceptance test at Solar Turbines. However, I managed to put in a short run by the bay after work. It was worth it. My wife also made a day trip to Austin on Tuesday on business. On Friday it rained cats and dogs in Houston. Saturday was sunny, but very cold and windy (while northeast got the taste of heavy snow fall). We (including Sushma) went to Austin for a little girl's 1st birthday party. As usual, there was too much good food, noise, gossip and I should say it was worth it. We spent the night at Sarma's house (their hearts are as big as Texas). We were late to bed. This morning as I opened my eyes, a perfect sunny and mild day welcomed us. After tea we (Sarmas and us) went for a walk by the river. It was marvelous. A pair of swan and a flock of ducks were playing in the water. People, young and old, were walking (including power walk), jogging, biking, and running with their dogs. It was too tempting for me not to do something. So, I had a short run (although I wasn't quite dressed to do that) and returned back to the group. Upon return to Sarma's house, we ate lunch (prepared ahead of time by the Sarmas especially for us). Once again, the food was great. I had a cup of tea before heading back. I was humming songs all the way back to Houston while Sushma slept like a baby in the back seat.

Well, all good things come to an end. It's time to get ready to welcome another week. My wife and I will be on the road again in the wee hours of the morning tomorrow; this time heading for the office. I must not forget that coming Tuesday is a very special day when cupid shoots his invisible arrows and I must play my role. Happy Valentine's day to all the lovers of the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home