Saturday, October 07, 2006

Family news

Our daughter from California called my wife and me at work this morning on a 3-way connection on our cell phones. It was rather unusual. At first I was a little concerned with such an unexpected call. Then she broke the news. The night before Jonathan proposed to her to marry in a nearby park near where she lives in San Francisco. So, they are officially engaged now. They have been seeing each other for several years since their first encounter at Stanford campus. Today they are going to a rehearsal dinner for a friend’s wedding and I am sure they will break the news to their friends. So, it certainly was a very special Friday for my wife and me. I came home, opened a champagne bottle and gave a big hug to my wife. It’s time to celebrate. Congratulations and best wishes to these two young people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home