Thursday, August 24, 2006

The past has come alive

I have not had a chance to post for a few days. It has been hectic. The past that I avoided for so long has come alive and presented itself with happier tunes. First I found a niece (“bhagin”) that I never knew. She won my heart through our first encounter in one weekend in June. She is now far way, but we are connected through Internet. The past weekend I met one of my first cousins (an "older brother" with whom I had very little dealings because of the past I used to dread) after thirty-three years along with his wife. He and I had a lot to talk. We also packed in a visit to Galveston, NASA, and few other places during the weekend. Now they too are gone to their daughter and son-in-law (who live in California) to spend a few weeks before returning to India. Their daughter (another new niece I have not met yet) plans to visit me in the near future. Suddenly the past has come alive and I am not trying to bury it anymore. We must learn from the past, live in the present and work towards a brighter future. What the world truly needs is love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home