Sunday, August 13, 2006

Not much is happening

I keep thinking I am getting wiser with aging. Wishful thinking! I suppose I am very much human. I am still not in control of my six elements of life. I still get upset once in a while and that gets me in the doghouse. May be it’s that awful heat outside causing it. Can I blame it on Global Warming? I am continually trying to improve. I suppose I am not a fast learner. By the way, 31 years ago today I met my wife and we have been married ever since. If I could not learn in 31 years, I am not sure I can ever learn. Last year on this day we had a little celebration for our younger daughter's graduation, her leaving for Tokyo, and our 30th anniversary.

In any case, nothing extra-ordinary is happening. The older daughter is in Hawaii attending a friend’s wedding. The younger one (after saying Sayonara to Japan) is trying to settle down in the Big Apple to start her pre-med school at Columbia University in a few weeks. I also went for a run yesterday morning in this heat. Am I stupid or what? This morning I rode the bike as usual. I think my "Bhagin" in Bangalore is finally learning to treat everyday as a brand new day and not brood over "yesterday". My cousin (JDB) and his wife from India are visiting us next weekend. It will be our 1st encounter after 33 years. Obviously, I have never met his wife or their children.

The best part of the week was watching a Broadway Musical (The Lion King) on Saturday evening at the Houston Hobby Center. It was fantastic! One must see it to believe it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home