Saturday, February 04, 2006

It's a beautiful morning

It's a lovely morning. I made omelets (my favorite) and biscuits for breakfast. In between, we "skyped" with our daughter in Tokyo (whose blog posting stated that she was suffering from hug deficiency, I think a hug is like a smile. "It costs nothing but gives more light").

As I was having breakfast, I was listening to an Assamese devotional song (Borgeet). I don't want you to get the wrong impression. I do not really think religion is even necessary in the modern world. I listen to all kinds of songs, more for the music and the lyrics. This song has a truly philosophical overtone and makes one think what's important in life.

It's a beautiful morning. We must learn to enjoy nature's gift as it unveils, because tomorrow is a different day and we do not know what tomorrow may bring. It's a cool, sunny morning. I see the greenery through my window as I type this. There is a flock of white birds flying (oh! it's marvelous) low across the golf course. The morning sun is creating kaleidoscope of shadows of tall trees on the green patches. There are a few die-hard golfers out to enjoy the day already. A little bird (I think it's a sparrow) came by my window to take a peek at what I was doing. ("Mukhot doodal doobori bon, doodaal khorika, mor chotalot omolohi, oh ghon chirika").

It's truly a beautiful day. There is no one around (my wife has gone for her aerobics exercise). I can sing as loud as I want. I can jump around which would be weird otherwise. Live the day you all - I say.

William Purkey is right when he said, "Dance like no one is watching, love like you'll never be hurt, sing like no one is listening, live like it's heaven on earth."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home