Monday, November 27, 2006

Is the glass really half full

I am thankful for so many things in a selfish way. We just celebrated Thanksgiving with our loved ones. I am truly thankful for what I have. Yet it saddens to know that so many hearts are broken, so much turmoil, so much chaos, and so many unnecessary deaths in the world.

Someone committed suicide for unnecessary deaths in Iraq stating ``Here is the statement I want to make: if I am required to pay for your barbaric war, I choose not to live in your world. I refuse to finance the mass murder of innocent civilians, who did nothing to threaten our country,'' he wrote in his suicide note. ``... If one death can atone for anything, in any small way, to say to the world: I apologize for what we have done to you, I am ashamed for the mayhem and turmoil caused by my country.''

Some New York City police officers killed an unarmed man on the day of his wedding, firing dozens of shots that also wounded two of the man's friends.

A friend and a lively person who entertained us with her melodious songs during our community gatherings died of cancer yesterday in Peterborough, Canada.

How do I thank, whom do I thank for such sad occasions? Am I supposed to be a Buddha with no feelings or attachment or am I supposed to just hide my feelings?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home