Saturday, November 18, 2006

Iron Man under the weather

I am not an Iron Man, but I feel like one at times and do the stupid things like running in a cold, windy morning or wearing summer clothes in winter. So, I am under the weather for the last couple of days with cold, cough, and stuffy nose - the stuff that’s annoying. It feels good to be sitting in the hot tub in the gym after work, but that’s temporary.

As weekend rolls around and I don’t feel like doing much, I am listening to the Headset
It’s a new four some band from New York. They sound pretty good and have received rave reviews. They just released a new CD on Nov 16. We know one of the guys fairly well.

Earlier I was also playing an LP (it’s funny how record players have almost become antique in 30 years), Glen Campbell’s “Southern Nights”. I suppose music has no barrier. Taste of diverse music is like good, diverse ethnic food. You want to taste them all. So, I listen to jazz, blues, country western, Indian "Ghazals”, Assamese melodies, and on and on. The Sound of Music lets me temporarily forget the nagging cold or the turbulence and cruelty around us.

Thanksgiving is almost here. I certainly am Thankful for everything including the music I can hear. Love and music have disappeared in places like Darfur, Iraq, Palestine, …

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home