Saturday, January 21, 2006

Homecoming

Our cat, Tigger and I managed almost two and a half weeks by ourselves. During the weekdays I went to work in the wee hours of the morning and returned home when it was dark in the evening. When I got home, I usually found Tigger sleeping on the couch. "Tigger I am home" - I would announce my arrival. Tigger would raise his head looking very sad and lonely. Tigger and I had been in similar situation several times in the past when my wife would visit her mother. But did not think about it much. By the same token, she was home alone with Tigger when I used to go overseas on business trips in the past.

The last time my wife was gone, I had managed to watch a movie at the mall. This time all I did was go to work, eat, sleep, and "work out" occasionally. Only exciting (if one calls it exciting) thing I did was my half marathon run last Sunday morning. I did not call anyone, nor did I receive any call in the last two weeks except those annoying sales call at dinnertime. Oh yes, on our daughter's birthday I called her and left a message on her cell phone. She in turn called and left me a message. Even with all the modern gadgets we played phone tags.

Tomorrow, my wife is arriving back from her trip. She arrives around 11:00 AM. So, after work today, I went grocery shopping (fruits, veggies, eggs...). When I got home I cooked a few things. She is not fond of my cooking, but I hope she will understand my effort. I checked her plants in the patio. They appeared to be fine. I had watered the plants before. Soon after she had left, I organized some "stuff" in the garage as she had instructed. I also had her car inspected and gassed up. So, I am sort of ready for her homecoming. Tomorrow morning after breakfast I will go to the airport to bring her home. I am sure she will have a lot to tell about her trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home