Monday, December 12, 2005

This Weekend ...

was pretty good, I should say. On Saturday morning my wife and I talked to our younger daughter in Tokyo. (She appeared to have fit right in with her routine after a 2-week break in the USA.) After that, my wife went to her aerobic class and I went for a 6 to 7-mile run through a brisk, cool, mildly windy morning. I need to do this more routinely as I signed up for a half marathon in January. It was a good running weather. In the evening we were invited to a friend's house for dinner along with a few other common friends. The food was excellent. Afterwards, as we were sipping hot tea, a few ladies (including my wife) started singing some oldies from Assam and I joined in. These were from 50s and 60s. It was quite nostalgic and no one wanted to leave. Finally we left after midnight.

Sunday morning was just gorgeous. It was cool, crisp, and sunny; a rarity in Houston. So, I went for a bike ride through the neighborhood. Later, I checked our younger daughter's blog posting. It appeared that she had a great weekend too and she received compliments for her new haircut as well as for her Japanese language skill at the Ito Foundation (who offered her the 2-year fellowship to study in Japan) get together Saturday evening. I went to the airport post office (open 7-24) in the afternoon to mail some stuff. I could tell by looking at the line of people (and boxes they had to mail) that the Christmas was around the corner. That prompted my wife and me to get some Greetings Cards ready for mailing, else it would have to wait until the next weekend with the possibility of these not making it to the destination on time. Once we were done with the cards, we talked to our older daughter in India. She had been hopping airports in India (from Bangalore to Chennai to Delhi to Guwahati) and was asleep when we called her. It was 6:30 AM in India. She has a few more hops (Delhi, Tokyo, San Francisco, Houston) before she arrives home for the Holidays. At the hotel in Chennai she apparently ran into a person from Stanford University who lived in the same house (Kairos) as she did. The world is truly a small place. Anyway, it was great to be to be able to talk to her since she had left for India over a week ago.

So, all in all, it was a great weekend. Now, it's time to get ready to face the challenges of the week. Monday, here we come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home