Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Sunday at Barra do Kwanza

It was a Sunday (May 30) get away from Ilha where I simply work, eat, and sleep. Quintas took me to Barra do Kwanza (i.e. the mouth of the river Kwanza where the river meets the sea).















There were a few Chinese folks fishing on the river and families with small children were strolling on the river beach. The serenity of the place and a leisurely lunch made me forget my usual place for a few hours. Besides, I have a special affinity for rivers. They have a calming effect on me and they always remind me of the big river I grew up on as a child. One Angolan told me once (with a smile) that if you drink water from the Kwanza river, you can become immortal. Sounds like holy water of the Ganges!











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home