Sunday, May 02, 2010

Warp Speed

It seems that way for the last couple of weeks. Organizing meetings, preparing for the British Ambassador’s visit to our office, renovation work in the office building, authorizing employees to participate in sporting events organized by a major oil Company, receiving people from Houston office, dismissing an employee, attending to rainwater getting into the office on a rainy Sunday – the list goes on. Obviously, with the previous Country Manager gone, I am also doing two persons’ work. At the end I was very tired, but I survived and everything worked out fine at the end. The British Ambassador Richard Wildash came to the office. We also met with the US Ambassador Dan Mozena at the embassy. We had lunch one day with the Pro Reactor Dr. Serdio of University of Agostinho Neto (UAN) to discuss brining the English Language Fellow through the US Embassy to UAN. We had our Company’s Annual General Meeting in a nice hotel. We had meetings with some bosses of Sonangol. If you are in Oil & gas business in Angola, you must go through Sonangol. Sonangol is the king here. All in all, all that was planned took place. Now the Houston visitors are gone and I am packing for my two-week leave in Australia. I need a break. My wife will fly in From Houston and meet me in Cairns Australia. So, I am heading for down under. Standby for updates upon my return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home