Sunday, November 08, 2009

Back to my Ilha house again

After three hectic weeks in Houston (sweet Home), after saying final Good Bye to Tigger, after an emotional reunion with the rest of the family (two daughters came down as well to bid fare well to Tigger), after some home cooked meal, I arrived back at my Ilha house in Luanda on Saturday. The memory lingers as I try to get used to the time change, the summer of southern Africa, the dirty side walk. The airport immigration area was reverberating with chaos and noise of a huge Chinese crowd coming to build this land. The oil field workers like me are the minority who are not so used to such chaos. Again, our coming here is by choice and I must not complain. So, here I am. The other expats had organized a barbeque on our balcony on Saturday night. So, I was treated to a savory hamburger. This morning I started my routine – breakfast w/ omelette, a run along the dirty street of Ilha by the sea to Pointe Final, fixing lunch, skype w/ the family. In less than six weeks I will be united with my family again – this time in Delhi, India.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home