Saturday, September 05, 2009

Back to my Ilha House

I just got back from Houston after 2-week off rotation. It was not the most exciting time I had imagined or dreamed of. Then again you only plan. Tomorrow manifests itself in its own way. Besides, I am not perfect and I sometimes manage to ruin a good moment too.In any case, I had some home cooked meal (thanks to my dear wife), a sumptuous dinner at a top Italian restaurant, watched a good movie (Inglorious Bastards) at the mall. At home, many times I was alone with Tigger (our frail old cat whose days may be numbered) as my wife was at work. So, I talked to him and I don’t think he understood a word. Then again he is a lonely old male. He may understand my dilemma as a gray-haired man although he cannot talk back in my lingo. I also went to our office for three days (which probably was a mistake as I ended up working longer hours than I had planned on). I tried to make the best of my last evening by having dinner at home - just me and my wife, couple of candles lit, and a boquet of flowers that I had picked up.

Now, I am back. Soon I will be back to my Luanda routine. Ilha has not changed a bit – dirty side walk, pot holes on streets, our senior “fraternity house” with the guard sitting by the front gate, the “Cuca” bill board and so on. Soon I will be glued to my desk from dawn till dusk for another six weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home