Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Houston is Hot

June 28 - Temperature was hovering around 100 F, but I was glad to be home for two short weeks. Now, I have been driving myself around without having to wait on Pegado or Miguel to take us somewhere. The golf course from my balcony looks so green without a spec of dust. However I have no time to rest. I shop for grocery for the next “rotation”, buy gifts for the younger daughter whose birthday just passed, eat a greasy hamburger as I shop and even go for a “run” in the heat. I also take our 18-year-old Tigger to the vet. Dr. Resell tells me that Tigger’s time is coming and it would be a decision time for the family. I don’t want to think about that yet. During July 4 weekend we visited Washington, D.C. to see our daughters, their husband/boy friend and our other friends, walk around the National Mall paying tribute to Lincoln at the Memorial. All in all it has been a great week. In another week I return to Luanda where Quintas will be waiting for me at the airport. I will soon be at Ilha – working, running through the dirty sidewalks, saying “Bom Dias” to a different group of friends. The place will grow on me as a 2nd home away from the Bayou City.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home