Sunday, July 20, 2008

Work, wedding, Kilimanjaro

Work never stops. After Enron debacle in 2001, the current economy/stock market is about to delay my retirement yet again. I certainly did not plan on working till the day I finally close my eyes.

Daughter’s wedding is fast approaching and so much to check on – hotel reservation, guest transportation, horse for the groom, all the little details for the ritual, relatives arriving from overseas, car rental, the ceremony, the reception, clothes for the bride’s maids and groom’s men that my wife ordered from India (and she is worrying about it). I guess it’s natural being the father of the bride.

And then I have Kilimanjaro on my mind too. I walked two hours this morning. Yesterday I was on the treadmill at the highest inclination (if you did not know, Houston is pretty flat) and tomorrow morning I plan to walk some more. I need to go to REI to buy some essentials. I also need to get a physical, get a shot for yellow fever, pay off the balance for the trip, get cash/traveler’s check, get batteries, altitude sickness pill, snacks, power bars, etc.

I am booked from now till October. Some things may have to wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home