Friday, May 23, 2008

Quick update

Younger daughter is almost done with her pre-med classes; next stop – MCAT, then a new job while applying to med schools for 2009 Fall.
The older daughter may be getting a little stressed out with her wedding preparation; she is visiting us this weekend.
My brother and sister-in-law got their US visa; they are coming to her wedding.
My wife is busy with her new assignment at work and preparing for the hurricane season. Yes, June 1 is the beginning of hurricane season here in the Gulf Coast.
I got a few calls from headhunters; I guess I am still marketable.
Now, as for my Kilimanjaro venture – I put in a few hours of power walk last two Saturdays in addition to few minutes of jogging, stair master, stationary bike, and fighting with a few exercise machines during the weekdays. Someone has agreed to lend me his down jacket. I plan to buy a few things at REI when the older daughter gets here this weekend.
As for sponsorship and raising money for the “Children’s Hunger Fund”, it has been an overwhelming experience. People are truly generous. In less than a week, the total is close to a $1000.00. And the comments are uplifting.
I do not want to let these people down. I must make it to the summit. Wish me luck and pray that I do not get altitude sickness.
If you too want to donate for this good cause by sponsoring me, please click and
  • Give to Children’s Hunger Fund
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home