Thursday, May 15, 2008

Kilimanjaro, here I come

It was in my bucket list, although I am not ready to kick the bucket yet. I am starting early hoping to complete my list. So, Kili is in my mind. I leave Houston on October 2, 2008. The climb starts on October 5 and then I come off the mountain on October 10 and fly back on October 12.

I have also seen first hand toll hunger takes on people, especially on children. I saw it in my own old world as I was growing up as a kid. I have seen images of children in the slums, during flood, famine, earthquake, mud slide. I think it is a shame on the so called civilized world to let people go hungry. It is a crudest form of human rights violations. So, in my small way I thought as I work on my bucket list, why not do something for the children at the same time. So, with the help from compassionate people like you, I decided to raise money for "Children's Hunger Fund". Please click at
  • Give to Children’s Hunger Fund
  • and give. Your nominal contribution will go a way long way for the hungry children and my arduous climb and altitude sickness will be worthwhile if I can help even one child in need of food.

    As for the climb, I will keep you posted on my preparation as well as fund raising.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home