Thursday, May 31, 2007

A pause to post

It has been extremely busy lately. I have not had time to post or ponder or play. I am moving so fast that if Einstein is right, I am not aging while others are. It’s like Rip Van Winkle’s slumber, only that I am not sleeping to find a whole new world after waking up. We were at Austin last Saturday to attend a surprise 25th wedding anniversary for someone. While at Austin there was a choir rehearsal for the upcoming community convention at Boston. After all that we decided to drive back home. My wife did the driving, as I tend to get sleepy at night. Sunday and Monday it rained cats and dogs. Monday was also the Memorial Day in memory of our fallen soldiers. Our Prez talked about the sacrifices, which sounded hollow to me. First he sends these folks to his stupid war in Iraq (and he himself had dodged the draft in Vietnam era) and sheds crocodile tears at their death (not to speak of thousands of dead Iraqis). While brooding over the unfairness of all this unnecessary death, to keep the tradition I tried to barbeque under our back patio while watching the sheet of rain. Yesterday was a killer at work as several ongoing and upcoming projects were staring at me. Weather did not cooperate either. People were stranded at a heliport, as they could not fly to the platform where work is going on. Nor did the boat leave with supplies and a crew. So, I fall behind on the project. Well, I can’t do anything about Mother Nature. There were million emails to read, a stack of invoices to approve, drawings to review, material to requisition, and on and on. Today, my wife left for Austin for a meeting. She will be back tomorrow. I had a meeting across town with a producer who is planning to bring on some gas to one of our platforms. After work, I drove through rain and traffic. So, here I am home alone and reminiscing as to what’s happening to time. Is it warped speed or time? Am I aging or holding my ground while time flies without my knowledge? Does it matter at all?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home