Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

A darling little daughter becomes a restless teenager, a lover, a wife, then a mother and the circle continues. I lost my mother more than 30 years ago. So, in a way I do not have to call or send a card or red roses to express my love to my mother. She was super and she knew that I loved her.

My wife is a mom too and our daughters are away. So, I try to do what I can for her every mother’s day, although sometimes I mess up while expressing such feelings. This morning I got up at dawn, cut some fresh flowers from our garden and set it up on the breakfast table. Then I tried to fix a special breakfast (scramble egg, fried potatoes (Aaloo Bhaji), sausages, heat up some “rooti” (ready made Tortilla), bowl of grapes). Nothing fancy, but different from the usual. I also had a gift (a summer dress) for her. From her comments at breakfast, I wasn’t sure if she liked the breakfast or the dress. My enthusiasm was flattened. I should have known since she was on restricted diet. I tried to do something special (and did not do a good job). I sincerely wish her a happy mother’s day.

Biologically or physiologically women can do something that men are not capable of doing. They go through a self-imposed pain for nine months to bring us to the world. Mothers are wonderful. They deserve to be happy. I wish a Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms all over the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home