Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I am allergic

I have become allergic to talk shows. The few times I went to a church, I could not stand the screaming, stomping, and pounding of a preacher on a Sunday morning to grill into the heads of those attending that if we did not submit to his “Lord” we would go to hell. I preferred going to hell rather than getting a head ache on a beautiful Sunday morning. At the invitation of some friends, I even went to a “Hare Krishna Temple” a few evenings. But the chanting and jumping and the loud sound of the drums and cymbals gave me a headache. I tolerated it not to offend anyone. Then came the demagoguery of the extreme right, Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, Rush Limbaugh, and the bunch. So, I turned off my radio. So much for religion and politics! I thought that ought to make my life a little quiet and peaceful. However, at home front I am bombarded on weekend mornings with Kim Commando’s computer talk, Tom Tynan’s home improvement and then there is the talk on health and fitness on the radio as I try to eat my breakfast. These are my wife’s favorite radio talk shows. Indirectly she wants me to learn a few tips too. Personally I find some of them obnoxious, “know-it-all”. I would rather listen to some soothing music in the morning. But I listen to this bunch anyway. I can tolerate an hour of this to make the rest of the weekend sail smoothly.

I think I have developed permanent, incurable, chronic allergy for such talks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home