Friday, December 26, 2008

Personal Reflection

William Purkey wrote:

“Dance like no one is watching” – I can’t dance, but I tried a few times alone in front of a mirror. The reflection told me not to even try.

“Love like you will never be hurt” – I have done that all my life I thought, but I have been hurt. I suppose my love is not perfect or is misunderstood. I seem to be always hungry for a little true love from those I love. I am not supposed to expect anything in return in a true unselfish love.

“Sing like no one is listening” – I do that from time to time, but I cannot pretend like no one is listening, because they ask me to stop.

“Live like it’s heaven on earth” – This has been my motto too. I try to start everyday as a new heavenly day, but cruelty of the day brings hell to me.

I am not sure I can live up to William Purkey’s advice. So, I fall back to my old belief (“I complained I had no shoes till I saw a person with no legs”) to solace myself that things could be worse. So, I continue to do my duty as a human being, as a father, as a husband, and so on. Life must go on until I am ready to return home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home