Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Lights went out on Halloween night

What a bummer! I drove through pouring rain from work to be home to hand out candies to the little ghosts, and goblins, and angels, and turtles, and ... The traffic was bad, the lights were out in the neighborhood, and the rain was still coming down. There was no doorbell, no "trick or treat". I was disappointed. For once I did not even put on my gear (the native American headdress, face paint,...). I ate something in the dark. In 30 some years I do not recall ever having rain on a Halloween night, not to speak of ghostly darkness. The bowl of candy sat there near the front door waiting and waiting. Finally, lights came on, the jack-o-lanterns came to life, rain subsided and I heard the doorbells. A few shy little angels showed up accompanied by their parents. The Halloween night wasn't totally wasted after all. Now, we shall wait for one whole year.

1 Comments:

Blogger LOTGK said...

First off, I hate spam, and you can avoid spam like the previous reply by turning on word cerification in your sash board.
Now to Halloween.
Yes, tonight was a strange night. Usually hundreds of kids are running from door to door yelling tricks or tricks. And tonight was a very mild night, high 50's and no rain. An almost perfect Halloween night. But tonight, I would say only about 75-80 kids stopped by for candy. We usually have several hundred in past years. Has Halloween run its course? Are parents moving away from the traditional tricks or treats to more modern go to the mall and have stores pass out crap.....
I hope not, Halloween is a cool evening.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 5:14:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home